KW Counselling Blackburn
Kathryn Wright owner of KW Counselling Blackburn is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy states what happens when you contact me via my website, by email, by phone, and when you decide to enter into a therapeutic contract with me.
Please read carefully and ask any questions on our first session or via email.
The only place on my website where data from you will be collected is through the contact form – which is SSL protected so fully encrypted, as is the rest of my website.
If you do decide to come to therapy or supervision with me, then I will also hold your personal data in the form of a Contact Details form attached to my contract, as an agreement of the terms and conditions of the therapeutic relationship.
This policy, therefore, sets out the basis on which any personal data I collect from you, or that you provide to me, will be processed by me.
Please read the following carefully to understand my views and practices regarding your personal data and how I will treat it. By visiting www.kwcounsellingblackburn.uk, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679)), the data controller is Kathryn Wright (address available on request).
Your contact details will be stored and kept securely and confidentially in a safe filing system (in a locked filing cabinet), and on an anonymised list on my laptop that is password protected. I am required by my insurance company to keep any process notes I may make for a period of 5 years. All your contact details will be deleted once our therapeutic or supervisory relationship has ended. Printed off forms will be shredded and discarded.
Information I may collect from you
I may collect and process the following data about you:
Information provided by you.
- You may provide information about yourself by filling in forms on this website or by corresponding with me by phone or email, and others.
- This includes information you provide when you subscribe to my blog, comment on a blog post or send a message through my contact form, and when you report a problem with my site.
- The information you provide may include but not limited to your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Uses made of the information
I use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you provide, and information I collect about you.
- I will use this information to carry out my professional and contractual obligations during our therapeutic relationship. This includes:
- Contracting and ensuring the terms found in the contract are upheld by both parties.
- In case of emergencies or where disclosure might be necessary – I will contact your GP or next of kin in these cases, with your knowledge and consent UNLESS it is a case of terrorism or money laundering, which by law I must report without the need for consent.
Information I receive from other sources.
- This might only be the case when referred by EAPs or other third parties. The data will be handled safely as above.
Disclosure of your information
I will not share your personal information with anyone else, unless there is a duty to disclose in order to comply with any legal obligation (terrorism alerts, money laundering).
The only other person involved in your case – only your first name will be known to them, or if you choose to be anonymised further, initials or aliases can be used – will be my Supervisor, who is held by the same privacy, data protection and confidentiality clauses as described here and in my contract.
Where I store your personal data
The data collected will be kept in a password protected electronic system, in a password protected Excel Document and discarded once our professional relationship has ended.
Access to information
The current Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
You have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing emails or surveys from me. I have added this clause in my contract. You can also let me know whether you want to change how I use your data.
Right to Access
You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal information, free of charge, in an electronic or paper format. You also have the right to ask me to amend or change any incorrect information about you.
Right to be forgotten
You have the right to ask me to delete any information that I hold about you, including personal information that is no longer relevant to original purposes – for example when our therapeutic relationship has ended or if you wish to withdraw consent. In all cases and when considering such requests, these rights are obligatory unless it’s information that I have a legal obligation to retain.
You have the right to receive your personal information as previously provided, and to transfer this information to another party.
***If you follow a link from my websites to any other websites, do have a look at their own privacy policies, for your information and security.***
If you have any questions or comments, please use the contact form provided.